The landscape of law firm marketing has been drastically altered over the past decade with the advent of more advanced mobile technologies and the explosion of social media. A few years ago, what once might have been digital novelties have now become essential for doing business in this newer, fast-paced digital arena. We know, you’ve heard it before and you’re still not fully persuaded that it’s worth your time and hard earned dollars. Well Court Clerk has 8 marketing stats that’ll blow your mind and convince you otherwise.
- 80% of all internet users research products and services online. That means if you don’t have a website or you’re not listed in your local directories, your prospective clients can’t find you. Google has officially replaced business cards.
- 78% of business people check email on their mobile devices. In short, those who can check email on their phones and tablets do. You need to make sure your e-newsletters are optimized for mobile viewing.
- Web-based email usage has dropped nearly 60% in the last 4 years. Younger generations communicate more through social networks, texting, and instant messaging that through email. In fact, the use of web-based email has declined among all internet users below the age of 55. Do keep in mind that today’s 20 somethings are tomorrow’s clients…
- Blogging increases your web traffic by 55%. Blogging increases the amount of pages for Google to index, which means the more you have, the more inbound links you’re likely to have—this directly effects your ranking on the search engines, which leads to more traffic to your website.
- Almost 60% of businesses have gained a client because of their company blog. As just stated above, blogging is good for business all around.
- Over 90% of email users have unsubscribed from a company email that they previously opted-in for. As more and more people become tech savvy, the less patience they have towards unwanted solicitations, make your emails/newsletters count.
- 69% of business-to-consumer companies have acquired a customer through Facebook. If you’re not on Facebook, you should be. If not, you’re missing out on a huge chunk of your potential client base.
- 85% of marketers using Facebook have said its “important” or “critical” to their business. You read that right—Facebook generates not only leads but real profit for those smart enough to take advantage of what it has to offer.
Changed your mind? If nothing else, we hope that you at least understand the importance of digital marketing in today’s economy and to sum it up: you need a website, that website needs to be mobile responsive, you need to be active on social media, and you need to change up your game plan if it doesn’t include any of these elements. So you’re onboard, but not sure you have the time it takes to dedicate to such an undertaking? Not a problem—Court Clerk has got you covered! We specialize in digital marketing for attorneys—this niche allows us to focus on what’s important to you and your firm. Give us a call today at 609-254-3750 to jump start your 2015 marketing campaign!